Sunday, December 21, 2008

Brainy Gamer Confab

Michael Abbott was really kind and let me in on his 2008 roundup of our favorite games this year. I weighed in on Immortal Defense and tried to give it more love. Seriously, play this game.

As a follow-up to the comment I made about screwing the links up, my editor after the convo promptly fixed all the errors I'd made.

Now, as I look at the website and see all the awards the game has won, I see one of them was 2007 Strategy Game of the Year. Man...does it count if I didn't hear about it or play it until 2 months into 2008?

4 comments:

Michael Abbott said...

That's it. I'm deleting your segment of the podcast. One rule: GAMES RELEASED IN '08. Was that so hard? Had to be a contrarian, didn't ya?

:P

BTW, I now have Immortal Defense on my laptop, ready for action. Thanks again for doing the show.

miyamoto-SAN said...

Well, it was only game tunnel's strategy game of the year, and they tend to review unknown indie games anyway -- take a look at their other winners and you probably haven't heard of them either.

I'll listen to the podcast eventually, thanks for mentioning it!

garion333 said...

I have to agree with Paul (no, not myself, but the man above me), pc indie games can be like visiting a wasteland of shoulda beens, so finding out months later is acceptable.

Since you enjoy tower defense games, have you happened to check out Defense Grid: The Awakening? It's on Steam and I keep hearing wonderful things about it, but I have a hard time paying $20 for a tower defense game. Regardless, thought it might interest you.

miyamoto-SAN said...

I've heard of it, I actually reviewed Defense Grid for indiegames.com/blog, and I'm in the top 100 in the high score list in most of its levels, but you probably weren't asking if I heard of it :D

It's a pretty good game, but its story was a bit sparse, I would have liked to have seen more details and perhaps some more characters. The levels were also a bit too easy. But it's fun and addicting, I wouldn't have played it so much if it weren't.