Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Weapons in Games

An article at The Escapist got me to thinking about weapons in games and how one goes about judging them. Since the developers are creating both the setting it's used and the player is actually using it instead of merely observing it seems the best way to judge a weapon is both the puzzles it exists with and the item's function itself.

It goes into other territory but that's the gist of it.


I'm almost done with these god forsaken exams. I'm behind on blogs, gaming, ideas, reading, self-improvement, self-destruction, and all the other stuff in-between. I may just take a break, post some old essays, and maybe dive into some other mediums for a bit.

Or, much more likely, I'll finally get an Xbox and Gears of War 2 and start going online.

1 comment:

Erik said...

I recommend that Gears 2 thing.

Prepare to get your face sawed. :)