Friday, December 4, 2009

Ten Years of Penny Arcade

Crap, I was walking out the door when I saw that this went up. I've been reading Penny Arcade since...Hell before 2003 at least. Even when all I did was play old SNES and PC games back in college (2001 to 2005) I was still reading them. At this point they're like my afternoon tea, the comic and post are usually up by around 3 or 4 Eastern time and I always hop over before my last few hours of work.

When they posted that they were celebrating their tenth year, I thought that was pretty damn impressive. I decided to do a write-up on their work. I didn't really think that one all the way through, because it ended up taking me months to go through all their material. They have produced a shitload of content in ten years.

You can read the thing yourself to see my broad overview of their stuff, but I think the nicest compliment I can offer is that after reading every comic they have written two to three times, I fully intend to keep on reading.

I'm still looking forward to my afternoon Penny Arcade.

2 comments:

Ben Abraham said...

As of 10pm US Eastern Standard time, the 10 year retro piece has gotten 1,900 views.

Penny Arcade sure is popular.

Kirk Battle said...

Oh interwebs...